We may obtain personal information (as defined in Article 2, paragraph (1) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Personal Information Protection Act”)) and other information on our individual customers (collectively, “Customers,” “you” or “your”) (“Customer Information”) in the course of your use of the Shop.
3. Customer Information That Will Be Obtained by the Shop
We will obtain the following Customer Information by means of, among others: (a) having you personally enter Customer Information through services related to us; (b) having you provide Customer Information to us via email, by mail, in writing, by telephone or other means; and (c) collecting Customer Information in the course of your use or viewing of services related to us:
The following information that will be obtained by the Shop in the course of your purchase, etc. of products:
- your name, address, occupation, and other basic information;
- your telephone number, email address, and other contact details;
- your bank account information and other payment information; and
- other information about you or your purchase, etc. of products.
The following information that will be obtained by the Shop in the course of your use of the Shop:
- information on products purchased by you and other information related to your use of the Shop;
- information on the status of your payment to the Shop;
- information on cookies issued by the Shop’s website upon your use of the Shop; your IP address, device type, mobile device identifier, browser type, and browser language; the URL through which you accessed the Shop’s website; your platform type, number of page views, and page browsing time; and dates and times of your activities on the Shop’s app or website; and
- other information on your use of the Shop.
The following information that will be obtained by the Shop through its questionnaire surveys of its Customers:
- your usage of the Shop, your requests to the Shop, and other responses you made to the questionnaire surveys; and
- other information related to the Shop’s questionnaire surveys of its Customers.
4. Intended Use
We will use the Customer Information specified in section 3 above for the following purposes:
To provide you with services related to the Shop and to do related activities, or more specifically:
- to confirm your purchase, etc. of products, etc. through the Shop;
- billing and payment related to the Shop, and confirmation of such billing and payment; and
- to provide you with other services related to the Shop.
To improve existing services and develop new services related to the Shop and to do related activities, or more specifically:
- to conduct surveys and analyses of the use, usage, etc. of the Shop;
- to conduct questionnaire surveys of Customers regarding the Shop;
- to send you rewards for your cooperation in surveys, etc.;
- to upgrade and improve existing services and develop new services related to the Shop;
- to customize the details of services related to the Shop for individual Customers;
- to develop plans and conduct research and development for new services; and
- to otherwise improve the quality of services of the Shop.
To provide you with information and respond to inquiries and other communications from you about services related to the Shop and to do related activities, or more specifically:
- to contact you or provide you with information regarding services related to the Shop;
- to check subscriptions for email notifications and to send email notifications;
- to inform you of promotions;
- to send you prizes, etc. applied for and won by you;
- to inform you of new products, new services, etc.;
- to respond to your inquiries, requests, etc.; and
- to otherwise appropriately communicate with you regarding your use of the Shop.
For advertising, marketing, and other related purposes, or more specifically:
- to distribute or display, or measure the effects of, ads of the Shop; and
- to implement other measures intended for advertising and marketing purposes.
For management, operation, and other related purposes, or more specifically:
- to check your use of services or your registration information related to the Shop;
- to check your compliance with applicable terms;
- to deal with any Customer who is suspected of having breached or actually breached applicable terms, or to otherwise resolve any dispute arising in relation to the operation of the Shop; and
- to implement other measures necessary for ensuring your safe use of the Shop and for maintaining the quality of services related to the Shop.
5. Entrustment and Provision of Customer Information to Third Parties
We may provide or entrust Customer Information to third parties in the following events. In these events, we will: where necessary, examine whether or not the third parties meet the standards set by us; entrust or provide Customer Information to the third parties under appropriate supervision by us; and, when entering into a contract with the third parties, pay attention to the terms and conditions of the contract in order to ensure that Customer Information will be managed appropriately.
Entrustment and provision to contractors
In the event that all or part of the Shop’s services are contracted out to other companies in order to process Customer Information, provide information to Customers, conduct promotional activities towards or questionnaire surveys of Customers, or conduct surveys or analyses regarding Customers’ usage of services related to the Shop.
Entrustment and provision to the Shop’s subcontractors and business partners
In the event that the Shop enters into a collaborative relationship or partnership with other companies or the like in order to provide services related to the Shop, including cases where the Shop enters not a collaborative relationship or partnership with ad serving service providers, advertising agencies or other business operators involved in advertising, in order to distribute or display, or measure the effects of, ads of the Shop
Provision to the Shop’s successor or the like in the event of business succession or the like
In the event that the Shop causes or permits another company to succeed to the Shop’s business, including services related to the Shop, through or as a result of a merger, company split, business transfer or the like, including cases where the Shop establishes another corporation and has the Shop’s business taken over by the corporation.
Provision required by law, etc.
In the event that the Shop is required to provide Customer Information by any court, administrative agency, supervisory authorities or other public agency under any law, etc.
Resolution of disputes with third parties
In the event that the Shop considers it necessary to provide Customer Information in order to resolve a dispute with a third party or to secure the rights or interests of a Customer of services related to the Shop or to secure the rights or interests of a third party.
The Shop will strictly manage Customer Information in order to prevent loss or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or leakage or the like of Customer Information. As set forth in section 5 above, the Shop may contract out the handling of personal information to other companies, etc., in which chase the Shop shall provide appropriate supervision to those companies.
7. Use of Google Analytics and Cookies
Use of Google Analytics
In services related to the Shop, cookies and similar technologies may be used for such purposes as increasing convenience, analyzing statistical data, and distributing or displaying, or measuring the effects of, ads of the Shop.
Cookies are text data saved in your browser when you access a service related to the Shop.
You can limit or reject acceptance of cookies at your discretion by setting your browser to do so. However, if you choose to do so, you may not be able to make full use of the services related to the Shop.
8. Correction of Customer Information by the Shop
In the event changes to any part of your Customer Information which will cause trouble in billing or payment, such as municipality name, post code or financial institution name, the Shop may change your registered Customer Information.
9. Checking and Correction of Customer Information by Customers; Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data Held by the Shop
You may take the following actions in relation to our handling of your Customer Information:
Checking and correction of your Customer Information
You may, at any time, check and correct your Customer Information registered with the Shop by you.
Disclosure of personal information held by the Shop
Upon receipt of your request for disclosure of your personal data held by us or your record provided to us by a third party, we will disclose the personal data or the record, as the case may be, without delay, except in the following cases:
- in cases where the requested disclosure is likely to cause damage to the life, body, property or other rights or interests of you or a third party;
- in cases where the requested disclosure is likely to cause a significant hindrance to the proper performance of the Shop’s operations; or
- in cases where the requested disclosure will constitute a violation or any law or regulation.
Correction, etc. of personal data held by the Shop
Upon receipt of your request for our action such as correction, addition, deletion, erasure, suspension of use or suspension of provision to third parties of your personal data held by us, we will respond to the request after investigating and confirming that the request was made by you or your duly authorized agent and that the request meets all relevant legal requirements. Please be aware in advance that we may not be able to directly meet your request due to technical limitations or for other reasons.
10. Disclaimer and Precautions
Use of websites of other business operators, etc.
We assume no responsibility for the protection of your personal information or the like on websites of other business operators or individuals, including websites to which you may jump from links provided on the websites used by us in providing services related to the Shop. Please carefully check the details of those websites for yourself before using them.
Personal identification information
You are requested to strictly manage your personal identification information to prevent it from being lost, forgotten or being divulged to any third party.
12. Information on the Shop and Contact Details to Which Inquiries May Be Directed